ATTRACTIONS

Visit to Rome's Pantheon becomes fee-based

As of Monday 3 July 2023, visiting the Pantheon will only be possible upon payment of an entrance fee.

As was agreed last 16 March between the Vicariate of Rome and the Ministry of Culture, access to the Pantheon from this moment on will no longer be free for tourists. Access for the faithful to participate in religious and worship activities will instead be totally free.

The cost of the entrance ticket is €5 and it will not be possible to enter during religious services.

ANSA
Access to the Pantheon becomes fee-based
As of Monday, 3 July 2023, visiting the Pantheon in Rome will only be possible upon payment of an entrance fee. The Pantheon is considered the most visited cultural site in Italy.
ANSA
For those who stay free
As it was agreed last 16 March between the Vicariate of Rome and the Ministry of Culture, access to the Pantheon from now on will no longer be free for tourists. Access for the faithful to participate in religious and worship activities will instead be totally free. Access will also remain free for Roman citizens.
freepik
How much does the ticket cost
The cost of the entrance ticket is €5 and access will not be possible during religious services.
freepik
How the ticket revenue will be divided
The proceeds of the tickets sold will be distributed as follows: 70% will go to the Ministry of Culture, which will cover ordinary and extraordinary maintenance and cleaning costs; the remaining 30% will go to the diocese of Rome, which will use the proceeds for charitable and cultural initiatives and for maintenance, conservation and restoration activities of state-owned churches in the diocesan territory.
freepik
A temple dedicated to deities past, present and future
The Pantheon is a building in ancient Rome built as a temple dedicated to all deities past, present and future. It was founded in 27 BC by Marcus Vipsanius Agrippa, son-in-law of Augustus.
Art galleries private collections
30/05/2024
Informativa ai sensi della Direttiva 2009/136/CE: questo sito utilizza solo cookie tecnici necessari alla navigazione da parte dell'utente in assenza dei quali il sito non potrebbe funzionare correttamente.